Tuesday, July 21, 2009

You Don't Get More Than You Can Handle





Throughout the past 2 years I have often heard "God doesn't give you more than you can handle." Well I have a bone to pick with God. I am NOT as strong as he thinks I am! Somehow, I managed to get through my husband's year long tour in Iraq. I had to. I didn't know if I would ever see him again. To this day, I remember the day Joe left for Iraq. Late at night in Sept 2007 I hugged & kissed my husband, he rubbed my h u g e, 9 months pregnant belly, kissed my belly and get on a bus. I can still see his big,goofy grin as he smiled & waved good-bye. I stood there, watched the buses pull out into the darkness & I prayed to God that he would come home safe & our son would get to meet his Daddy. (I would pray that prayer everyday for the next year.) I got into the truck & lost it. I cried the whole way home. 27 days later Robert was born. I'm not so strong.



Now, 7 months after Robert's death I can't seem to "get it together." I'm pretty smart, I know that I am grieving & that everyone grieves differently, but I've had enough. I don't want the panic attacks for no reason. Panic attacks that I shouldn't be getting anymore because of the meds I'm on. Tired of being tired because I can't sleep at night because every time I close my eyes I see Robert in his crib when I found him, or in the hospital on the gurney. I'm starting to get mad, really mad. Mad at my husband because I had to go through another major event alone. Mad at the Army for not letting Joe be home for Robert's birth. Mad at God!



This is how our conversations have been lately:




Me: "Why did Robert have to die?"

God: no response

Me: "Hrmph"



Me: "Guess I should have been more specific when I asked you to bring Joe home safe so Robert could meet him."

God: no response

Me: "grrrrrr"




Me: "I'm a good Mommy, why do I not to get to have my baby still?"

God: no response

Me: sobbing




Me: "I think you & I need a break!!!"

God: no response


2 comments:

  1. When I ask a question, I hear nothing as well. However a good friend of mine heard something. "My grace is sufficient". Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks gf! Guess I'll just have to keep PUSHing on (Pray Until Something Happens)

    ReplyDelete